Renaissance Art Techniques Course
This course is focused on Italian Quattrocento (15th century) painting and drawing techniques, working methods and materials
Navigating through the Renaissance Painting Techniques website:
- Materials & Tools – authentic recipes and instructions that will help you to create your own inks, colors, mediums, grounds etc. similar or identical to those used in a studio of a Renaissance painter.
- Techniques – painting and drawing methods and techniques as described by Renaissance artists themselves. Instructions are accompanied by citations from treaties and artwork examples.
- Bibliography – on the pages of this website you will find references to original 12th-16th centuries treaties, books, articles and online resources. All those are summarized in the Bibliography page.
- Course Info – additional information about this course.
- Student Works – Some example of classwork and independent projects by the participants of this course.
Below you can find the main topics of the next lessons. You will see new contents appear as we move forward with the course.
N.B. information presented here is complementary to presentations, demonstrations, step-by-step instructions of Renaissance painting and drawing techniques and assignments that you will receive in class. Those will not be published on this website, so make sure to be present ;]